MARVEL STUDIOS, Website and Mobile site:
Genre: Action-Adventure, Rating: PG-13, U.S. Release date: November 4, 2016, Running Time: 115 min.
Cast: Benedict Cumberbatch, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Rachel McAdams, Benedict Wong, Michael Stuhlbarg, Benjamin Bratt, Scott Adkins, with Mads Mikkelsen and Tilda Swinton
From Marvel Studios comes “Doctor Strange,” the story of world-famous neurosurgeon Dr. Stephen Strange whose life changes forever after a horrific car accident robs him of the use of his hands. When traditional medicine fails him, he is forced to look for healing, and hope, in an unlikely place—a mysterious enclave known as Kamar-Taj. He quickly learns that this is not just a center for healing but also the front line of a battle against unseen dark forces bent on destroying our reality. Before long Strange—armed with newly acquired magical powers—is forced to choose whether to return to his life of fortune and status or leave it all behind to defend the world as the most powerful sorcerer in existence. Join Strange on his dangerous, mystifying, and totally mind-bending journey when Marvel Studios’ “Doctor Strange” opens in U.S. theaters on November 4, 2016.
Marvel’s Doctor Strange 3D
TUE 11.01.16 @ 7PM, Cinemark Egyptian 24, Arundel Mills Mall
Oh, we see. You thought we were simply going to publish a web code, you would click it, and BANG you’d have a set of tickets to the hottest super-hero movie this season. So sorry, that’s not the case for this one. Why? Sometimes movie studios have a very specific way in which they want to make their product available, and this flick is no exception to that. There are no electronic codes for tickets anywhere on the net for this flick, the only way for you to get in to the screening is with hard, physical studio generated tickets like the ones in the image below.
So, the question becomes – how do we do a fair enough promotion to ensure that the 20 seats we have our evenly distributed amongst our followers? We could ask you to meet us on the scene, but how fair would it be if a 100 of you showed up and we had only 10 sets of tix? What to do, what to do… Well, luckily, we’re geeky here and we can always find a way, and this time, that way is a scavenger hunt. That’s right, you’ll need to FIND these tickets. Check the contest details below, and happy hunting.
Time to scavenge people. We’ve hidden 10 sets of tickets inside white envelopes at the Arundel Mills mall at various public locations (no actual stores). All you have to do is find them, but how? That mall is a pretty big place and a set of enveloped tickets is very small. We’re going to help you out there. All you need is the Facebook app on your mobile device and be free this SAT 10.29.16.
- At 9:00AM (before the mall opens) on SAT 10.29.16, we’ll post ten images (like the sample at the bottom of this post) showing you the geographical location within the mall to find the ticket envelopes. Check our Facebook feed for the 10 compass images (each will be posted separately).
- We will not place any envelopes INSIDE any store’s, all locations will be publicly accessible and inside the mall (no outside searching needed, stay warm), and no need to bother a nice store clerk.
- We will check the locations throughout the day on Saturday and update the Facebook post if that set of tickets has been found. We also ask that when you find a set, take a quick selfie and post it to the Facebook feed for this promo so other geeky faithful can get extremely envious that you got them (and also so they stop looking at that compass location!)
- Each location will have a single white envelope with 2 admit-one tickets inside it (10 locations x 2 tickets each = 20 seats)
- Contest will run until all the tickets have been found (and we’ll update the Facebook post that brought you here when that happens)
LAST ITEM: You know the deal, as with all screenings, please arrive early. Your ticket for admission, does not guarantee you a seat. If you win, get your keister in line as early as possible!