Time to play a game! Welcome to the Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle trailer where we get our first look as to the “how” and “why” our characters are who they are. Christmas 2017
Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson with Kevin Hart vs an animated blue fish voiced by Ellen Degeneres. A heavy weight battle of Strength, Wit, and Comedy. One made over $136 MILLION dollars and the other….not so much. The winner and by a lot of money…Finding Dory took the top spot with the Johnson/Hart comedy coming in second by $100 million dollars. Lots of other recent flicks dropped in the charts.
- Finding Dory (new): Disney’s long awaited sequel to Finding Nemo launched to a $126,183,170 MILLION dollar opening weekend. I think Disney may have made some money on this one. Read our review!
- Central Intelligence (new): Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson and Kevin Hart couldn’t compete against an animated fish. Look for word of mouth to propel this movie forward in sales and to keep it in the top five for the next few weeks. Read our review!
- The Conjuring 2 (last week was the 1st spot): I’m betting WB is soooo glad they released this last week.
- Now you See Me 2 (last week in the 3rd spot): Three weeks out and still holding it’s own.
- Warcraft (last week in the 2nd spot): Dropped 73% in ticket sales but is doing amazing over seas. Look for the sequel in three years.
News and Notes:
Welcome to the first day of Summer and the outlook ahead for Summer Movie Fun is shining bright.
- Independence Day: Resurgence drops on Friday June 24th
- The Secret Life of Pets drops on Friday July 8th
- Ghostbusters (2016) flies at you on Friday July 15th
- Star Trek Beyond continues the five year voyage on Friday July 22nd
- July ends with Jason Bourne making his return on Friday July 29th
Stay tuned in July for the August outlook.
Did anybody notice Kevin Hart becoming this generations Eddie Murphy? He’s huge and to celebrate that, G4E is doing the ultimate Ride Along swag giveaway to celebrate its release on DVD/Blu Ray April 15th. We’ve got Blu-Ray discs, headbands and battery powered cop lights – want to share in the booty? Click below the banner to see where you can find us!
Twitview: “Grudge Match” – Raging Bull vs Rocky as DeNiro takes on Stallone in a comedy of aging boxers who come out of retirement for one final bout that was 30 years in the making. Grade 3 out 5.
When I heard that there was a movie coming out where the plot is “James Franco throws a party and all of his friends are there and then the End of the world happens” I was sold. This idea just seemed quirky and out-there enough that I couldn’t see how this would be a failure. Then I saw the first trailer and I laughed and said to myself, “OK…this doesn’t look like it will suck at all.” I then learned that it was based on Jason Stone’s short film from 2007 James and Seth versus the Apocalypse and that the main characters are in fact James Franco and Seth Rogen playing themselves. How surreal! Actors portraying themselves as slightly-not-them-but-them characters that mimic their real life yet not so much. Twisted and brilliant, I know!
Seth Rogen and his writing partner Evan Goldberg (both also directed this amazing movie) manage to make BEST COMEDY TO HIT MOVIE THEATERS IN A DAMN LONG TIME!! I don’t even know where to start as I’m still laughing as I think about the movie while I’m typing the review. It’s that good and that funny. I haven’t laughed from start to finish for a movie in a very long time. I mean the audience was laughing so hard and loud at times that I need to see This is the End again just to try and catch some of the jokes that I missed due to all the laughing. If Man of Steel wasn’t coming out on the same weekend (even if it is two days later), This is the End would be the number one movie in the box office this weekend….but being the number one comedy will suffice.
Grade: 5 out of 5 stars!!